Site Metrics and Web Analytics by NextSTAT Why Kids Are Great: Cha-cha-cha-CHANGES! part duex

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cha-cha-cha-CHANGES! part duex

Lets DO this!!

March 23. Move day!

I apologize for not taking more pictures this day. We got the kids up and dressed just in time for the movers to show up. And they most certainly DID show up!! We hired a company expecting a crew of 3 guys and a truck. At 9:30 we had 8 big dudes at our door. 


The owner introduced them really fast and I completely lost track. I think there were 8. Before we could really think about what was happening everything we own from the house and garage was on a truck. 





3 hours later and everything we own was loaded into our new house and garage. I went to pick up pizza and beers before they were done. We have a long tradition of pizza and beers for our moving crews. They were gone before I got back. SOOooo we had LOTS of pizza and beers for ourselves!






Logan was pouting in the corner for some reason. They were unloading things so fast that we had to just sit and watch or get run over!





Kendal LOVED moving day! She fell head over heals for a "tall muscley move guy with pictures (tattoos) all over" I forgot to take a picture of them together. She followed him everywhere.
We put down some the padding and large area rug in the living room... It was like a BIG POND!! This called for a rubber ducky.



March 24





Woke up and headed to breakfast at Cracker Barrel before more unpacking! Kendal rode an Elephant-on-a-stick thing around the store while dragging Horton. I am not sure why this is fun. She lost interest pretty fast too!






Logan found his dress up trunk and this is what he came up with. Harry Potter robe and spy glasses. Cool.




I made some good progress upstairs. This is the loft area/play room

 <--- Logan's Room



Kendal's Room ------->



 Not too shabby for the first day. The place is already pretty trashed though because of Kendal's animal collection explosion. Here's the living room.


What is that pile of boxes all about?

That is a mall for the 'Bidels' (Logan's family of imaginary grasshoppers, its a REALLY long story) This is were ALL the empty boxes went for the next week. It got more impressive by the hour.
At some point this day I misplaced the camera. So I didn't take pictures of the evening festivities of seeing what bounces the highest down the stairs (large exercise ball) and what makes the most noise (62 marbles)

March 25 (and day 1 of spring break)

Morning:
More than 1/2 the boxes are unpacked and put away. Kendal is excited like its Christmas. Every time a box is empty she throws it down to Logan, takes my hand and pulls me out to get another 'box of surprises'  Logan made a mall out of 28 (so far) empty boxes.. In the living room. Kendal was the first to fall down the stairs. She is ok.

Evening:
Interwebs are back up and running. YAY!! Only about 5 boxes left in the garage. Those contain decor and office stuff. WOO HOO!! Now to break down the box-mall in the living room or leave it for a day? For the record, all the Lowes boxes came out damaged, I recommend home depot boxes, the have held up through 2 moves. Thinking we might take a family break and head to the local park. Where the hell is my camera?

Found Camera on my nightstand. This is today's photo update:
one tired boy

Bidel Mall 3000
Box house with mailbox and sunroof


1/2 kitchen and office progress
Other side of kitchen! Coffee pot is unharmed. 


Loopy's little office nook in progress
Our room in progress


Need front hall storage solution, ASAP

March 26 (day 2 spring break)

Lost the camera again. I wish I had it right now because the kids are playing together and belly laughing and I want to take a video. The big dog tent is in the living room and they figured out how to launch things at each other. I'm drinking coffee and hanging pictures on the wall. I still don't have any family photos. Ironic, cause 1/2 my friends are pro photographers. Rock paper scissors for who gets to do our very first ever family pics? Loopy wants an unbiased 3rd party that we don't know. We'll see what happens.. if anything.

My daughter needs a freakin' Prozac! She's happy and laughing and playing then BAM!! Raging crazy person throwing punches and kicking everything. Then nervous laugh back to crying ball of sad. She's seriously on an emotional roller coaster. Biggest meltdown was because I wouldn't let her eat fruity pebbles on the couch. Today was a bad food day for her so I told her she could have milk before bed. When I came downstairs there was a gallon of milk and bottle liners on my spot on the couch. Hint taken.

March 27 (day 3 spring break)

This morning I called Brighthouse, Palm Coast Utilities, and FPL. Total time spent on the phone was less than half hour. That has to be some sort of record. I talked to a human at each location and got utilities scheduled/turned off at the old house. 

This afternoon we made it to the Mall where my kids cheered like Amish people exploring electricity for the first time while on the escalators. 



Then to target with NO meltdowns. Also, these bungee chairs that we always just walk passed are AWESOME!!





I also started putting pictures up because bare walls make me nervous. 







March 28th (day 4 spring break)

This is relevant no matter what town we live in. The difference is that now there are NEW people who aren't used to my kids and their lack of pants.
Neighbors are starting to come around and eyeball the house.. like they are checking us out before they come up to the door. Kendal can usually be found in the front picture window, nekked from the waist down waving. *sigh.


March 29 (day 5 spring break, YAY!!) 

I wish it was warmer and we could have enjoyed spring break more. We are just on each other's nerves at this point. 

Today's fight was because Logan didn't want to take a shower, it makes a weird noise. So I told him to take a bath but he never turned off the water. I caught it about 2 inches before overflow all over the upstairs bathroom. Kendal's meltdown of the day was because she wanted candy for breakfast at 8:30 am. She yelled about it for 1/2 hour straight. TGIF.



For the sanity's sake we decided to take the kids back to the park that evening. 
AND I remembered my camera!
ALWAYS wants to swing
Big kid side of the playground


 Logan becoming Static Electricity Man


Logan electrocuting me with static

 Threw a water bottle behind him, looks like its about to hit him in the head.

Sort of excited.


 

 Also has a skating rink






You know, for spinning...






And running... 


and falling down...




BURGER FI!! So delicious. 

March 30 (day 6 spring break, so close!)

Logan has been out riding his bike with neighborhood kids for an hour. The family down the street moved here from Palm Coast 2 years ago and were just as shocked to learn that people speak to one another and know their neighbors in other places. I think we'll be alright here.
Food for Easter dinner is bought and ready for tomorrow and we are decorating eggs tonight. Lots of eggs to hide around the house for the morning. I would put some in the yard but the 10 squirrels who live out there would take them before the kids. And you all know how I feel about squirrels...

The next door neighbor's name is Landon. He is 6 and his birthday is the day after Logan's. They are already taking tours of each other's backyards and houses. Landon seemed really well mannered and respectful when he was here for a couple minutes. He has a big swing set outside and we sold our little one to Beth so I'm pretty sure his backyard is cooler but they agreed our upstairs is more awesome. 

March 31 (day 7 spring break; easter. Finally!)




 Easter Bunny was here!!



Finding eggs!


 Best lollipop EVER



 Scowling at eggs? 




Candy distribution. He likes chocolate, she likes Jelly Beans. Match made in heaven! 

 

 LAZER HANDS

Not one big sucker, there are 6 tootsie pops in each one.


Coloring eggs

We can FINALLY wrap up March and start this new life in the new place! 

Change is good, Life is good. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha, love it! You roll how we roll! I found you through the blog party and I will be back many times! Hope you come check me out, too. We'll get on rightly. http://www.parentwin.com/2013/04/ultimate-blog-party-2013.html

    ReplyDelete