Site Metrics and Web Analytics by NextSTAT Why Kids Are Great: Accidents and Forced Relaxation.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Accidents and Forced Relaxation.

Ooops

Last week I posted that although Loopy's new job is rainbows and unicorns all over the place he does have a couple instances of "PTSD" that bring him back to reality. The Survivors Club has been awesome about giving him advise along the way when he gets skiddish about OT or deployments.


Don't get me wrong. He has never once even a little bit for a moment reconsidered or regretted his decision regarding employment. This conversation doesn't need to happen anymore.




Just some hiccups along the way that can be worked through. Thanks again Survivors, you are awesome!

One little obstacle is other cars on the road.




OK, they are big obstacles but sometimes they slam on brakes in traffic and cause other obstacles.. like being down one car for a couple weeks. 



I wasn't upset at all. I was grateful that Loopy was not hurt and neither was the other guy. 


Logan on the other had was PISSED!











"LOOK what you DID to my favorite car! I bet you got a ticket too!? You are gonna PAY for that DAD!!"




Life's a beach

So Saturday there was a night time surf competition down at Flagler Beach. I was all excited to go. Logan was pretty psyched too. As we were getting ready to head out the door. Loopy and Kendal suddenly wanted to go with. Once everyone had adequate pants and hoodies we headed out. It was a little misty but no too bad on the way there. Once we showed up it was CRAZY rainy, and pretty dang cold. There were still tons of people sticking it out though hoping to see some good surfing action.




After some time on the beach and boardwalk Kendal had enough and Loopy took her back to the car. 



Logan was determined to walk to the end of the pier. About this time it really started to get cold and more rainy. Logan would not be deterred. Between the big surge and large waves we got pretty soaked. He loved it though! 




This same night my friend Karry and I had made plans to head out to the beach for a nighttime walk, and perhaps drink some sangria while watching a meteor shower on a blanket.

photo credit to
Imaginations Captured Photography and Videography




THIS is what we pictured in our heads.
Beautiful, right? 









I TRIED to warn Karry about the windy, rainy, wavy mess that was happening at the beach just an hour before we were supposed to meet up. The rain died down and we figured we'd give this a shot anyway.




THIS is what it actually looked like.










I was also sort of hoping to see one of these!






Now we have been known to be stubborn people and not give up. So we bundled up and hid out under the pier restaurant (to block the wind and poor the booze) and attempted a moonlit walk.. Then the tide rolled in. After some sangria in the eye and a lot of sand and water from the waste down for both of us we gave up and headed to Denny's to dry out. We had never hung out before with just the two of us and it was nice to get to know her better. Karry also experienced the 'Kara Effect' where strangers just walk up to me (or sit in the booth and hold my hand) and tell me their lifelong dreams and life stories. Shout out to my new friend Phil from Denny's.

Thanksgiving break. Sans car.

Its a good thing my kids are homebodies, cause we can't go anywhere. The kids don't care because every time we leave the house I hear things like: 
"I wanna go hooome!" 
"I don't wanna stop at another store." 
"WHY do we have to go on fun adventures?" 
"I miss the cooouuuuch"
Infact Kendal is pretty convinced we aren't 'home' unless we are IN the living room. We can be outside in our safe fenced in backyard and she'll hear a loud truck, plane, lawn mower, ect and demand to "Go Home!" When I can talk her into going outside for fresh air she wants to swing as long as possible. 





This day both kids wanted to bring their stuffed animals. How do you swing without dropping said stuffed animals in the wet grass you ask? You stuff it in your shirt of coarse! 




Me and Logan also practiced our soccer skills. (we have none) I might sign him up for soccer this spring so I can watch a whole team of 6yr olds run and kick like floppy ragdolls. I just fear the crazy serious parents.. who will throw things at me and yell at my kid.  








We have had to find ways to amuse ourselves in the house, too since it was pretty crappy outside.





The kids made crowns and pretended to be the King and Queen of Hearts.









One day we had a circus going on in Logan's room.






I also got distracted while putting dishes away and sorted the tupperware cupboard. You know how the bowls get warped or nasty so you just throw them away? Then you open the door to the never ever neat and tidy tupperware cupboard and an avalanche of lids tumbles out.. Don't lie, it happens to everyone! Anyway. I decided to sort out the mess and here are the lids that were left behind.  

Here you go recycle factory! 

This weeks kid-isms...

Kendal and Logan were playing in his room. She had a 'girl' lego guy, Logan had a 'boy'
Logan: Hey, you are one hot lady!
Kendal: nope, I'm pretty cold, I'll go put some clothes on.
Logan: wah wah waaaaaah. Fail.

Logan informed Kendal that she can earn her pants by going to the bathroom. I have nothing else to say about this, because its true.

Logan trying to clean the playroom: Mom! Seize her!!
Me: What? Why
Logan: She STOLE something!
Me: Logan, she lives here.
Logan: But moooooom...

A couple months ago the kids were fighting over whether the pretend lawn mower was a truck or a rocket (or something else dumb) I told them they are both right, you can't argue with another person's imagination. Here's the problem with that logic:

Me: Kendal! Stop knocking everything off dad's desk with that giraffe!
Kendal: Its not me, its just the giraffe did it.
Logan: Mom, you can't argue with her imagination...
Me: *sigh* Giraffe, please stop knocking stuff of the desk.
Giraffe: Ok, Kendal's mom.
Kendal: See, I didn't. I'm just a little boy!
Me: Nope, you're a girl
Logan: *Clears throat loudly*
Me: Never mind. I give up.

And my personal favorite of the week...

So me and Loopy were laughing about the keywords or phrases people use to find my blog. One of them is 'pee pants' (don't google that) I suspect it is linked here because I have a potty training a toddler. Anyway, We hear Logan's bedroom door open and I assume its because he has to pee. BUT he doesn't go to the BATHROOM. I warned Loopy that he better get up and find him before he pees in the playroom or pantry. It was too late. He was standing on his tippy toes trying to piss in the kitchen sink. Loopy flicked on the light and was like "WHAT IS GOING ON!?" Logan 1/2 woke up but couldn't stop himself. Pee. Everywhere. I have no idea how some got INTO the sink but most was on the cabinets and floor. Loopy cleaned up with soap and Clorox wipes, I put a very offended (because I was crying laughing) and confused Logan back to bed. Does anyone else have kids who do this? Its been a while since it happened and I usually catch him first and point him to the bathroom.

I asked this question on facebook and got some pretty funny answers and stories about peeing on couches and in other people's bedrooms. Its good know I'm not alone here.

Tonight Loopy changed the lightbulb in the living room. This required a ladder. This required drumsticks.. which led to random drumming. Sometimes I think I am living with a future cast of Stomp in training.

Stay tuned!

Next month I'll post about our Thanksgiving shenanigans, Two months worth of weird key word searches, Stuff Kendal says wrong and turns out to be offensive, Kid-isms, and more fantastic snarky-ness!


No comments:

Post a Comment