Site Metrics and Web Analytics by NextSTAT Why Kids Are Great: Do what you like, Like what you do.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Do what you like, Like what you do.


Life is good.

That has been the daily text (or something similar) at least once a day from Loopy for several months now.  And he is right. Life is good. 
    
 He LOVES his new job. He said it's like getting paid to go play with fun people and write working code at a leisurely pace. I am sure the newness will eventually wear off. But I am pretty certain that it is going to last for a LONG time. I will sort of miss the constant "moments of sanity" and downright giddiness when it is gone but for now it is SO good to see him genuinely happy. It is good that he now recognizes that one element of life can send you into a terrible downward spiral. It is good to have him back. I cannot express that enough. 


For the last 4 years I have been fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom. I am not sure why it is called a "Stay at home mom" because very few of "us" actually do that. When I quit working I thought I was going to feel unfulfilled and restless. (and useless as far as finances go)

I have to say it is the opposite. I absolutely LOVE being home with Kendal all day and with Logan after school. I love having the ability to go places when I want to. Do things that I want to do and have my little sidekicks with me (often wandering like lost turtles through parking lots) I am not sure what I will do with myself when they are both in school. Probably take a year long nap. 

I love being able to meet a different friend or group of friends for coffee at any given point during the day. ANY day of the week. Its not just that I have an admitted coffee addiction. (somethin' fierce) To me coffee time means Life is good.

I suppose that from now on you can refer to "going out for coffee" as something more meaningful.. Because it usually is. It is a chance for two (or more) people to be focused on what each other has to say, offer support, or just really good company. Coffee is just  a medium for that. I will miss going out with the friends I have made here any damn time we please. I will miss the weekly or bi-weekly chats with so many people.



I know that we aren't moving too far away but an hour is a long way to drive for an average coffee talk. However I have been known to drive or fly 1000's of miles for a coffee talk if that is what is necessary. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if the situation warrants it.

Before, this new job thing was great for us because we have more quality time with Loopy and he is markedly more relaxed. Now, after looking at a few houses and finding some that we really like, it is all seeming more real. We get so see why he's so excited. The area is beautiful, populated, things to do, easy to navigate, the drivers are courteous, his employer is encouraging him to REALLY take his time and find something we like. Even if that means taking time off. (and not paying for it with an 80 hour work week like we were accustomed to)

This kids are geeked. They want to move like YESTERDAY! All of us love a good adventure. Some people rearrange furniture for 'something different'. I like to take all my shit and move it to a whole new living space. THAT is how I 'change it up a bit'.  I SUPER DUPER LOVE HOUSE-HUNTING!!! I wish I could do it more often. I have spread sheets, and maps, and pins, and pictures... its pretty intense really.

Sometimes I feel like I am gloating a bit. I don't mean to do that. I know so many people are having a horrible time with different issues in life. Sickness, mental instability, death, general dumbass attacks of epic proportions and so on. I don't want to make those people feel bad. We went through a rough couple years around here and I am truly grateful for the change and opportunities that keep popping up. If you are a person dealing with issues, know that it gets better. And don't sweat the stuff you can't fix. If you can do something to change your current situation freakin' do it!


Give yourself a chance to be happy and do what you love. You won't regret it. 

ps, my kids are still funny, I'll fill you in next week. 

1 comment:

  1. Two things...

    I agree with you- only YOU can change your life! You can't do the same thing and expect different results. Love your philosophy.

    You should become a Realtor. Then you could house hunt on other peoples money all day.

    Always love the blog.

    ReplyDelete