Site Metrics and Web Analytics by NextSTAT Why Kids Are Great: November's Challenge.. A bit late.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

November's Challenge.. A bit late.





Day 1: Today I am thankful for the start of a new month with new opportunities for my family. Everyone is happy and smiling again. I am SO grateful for that.


Us about 11 years ago





Day 2: I am thankful for my husband. No matter how crazy things are around here he's always stood by me. He works hard to make sure we are provided for. He has been my partner and best friend for close to 13 years. I would be lost without him!

On our way to a concert. Dating 6 months







(by the way, this is nice, I won't forget the date ALL MONTH for a change) Day 3: Today I am thankful my parents made it to Orlando and they are coming to hang out with us for the weekend.











Day 4: I am thankful that Loopy is excited to go to work on a Monday.









Day 5: I am thankful for good friends who stick around no matter what crazy situation we get into together. If I don't think I could survive with out you all. Thanks for being here.



Day 6: I am thankful that my parents were here to play with the kids for a few days. also they watched Kendal for a while so I was able to get out and vote.





Day 7: I am thankful for afternoon naptime when me and Kendal both crash and Logan plays video games. I laid on the couch and told him I would be happy to watch him build roller-coasters but had to use eyes on the back of my head because the front ones are hurting. He was like "ok, cool!"






Day 8 Because I missed it yesterday: I am AGAIN thankful for Loopy's new job. He got some great news and affirmation yesterday.





Day 9 So I don't forget: I am thankful for the ability to make new friends along the way in life. I'll just keep accumulating because everyone needs support along the way.






Day 10: I am thankful for my hilarious, entertaining, smart, witty son Logan. He makes me laugh every day. I wanted to be a mommy my whole life and he is the one that made me realize why. I love him more every day. Even when I want to throttle him.












missed Day 11: I am thankful that people feel comfortable asking me for advice and are able to talk to me about pretty much any subject matter.











Day 12: I am thankful for a sense of humor. It gets me through situations that would make 'normal people' freak out.









Day 13: I am thankful for mellow days. I spent all morning snuggling under the care bear blanket with Kendal and dozing on the couch. The kids played together all afternoon without fighting... I wish all days were this easy.


Day 14: I am thankful for my beautiful sweet girl Kendal. I didn't think there could be kid with more spunk than Logan until this little fireball showed up. I have no idea how so much personality fits into such a little package. I can't wait to see what kind of person she grows up to be. I sort of fear that she will always be my clone.






Day 15: Today I am thankful Loopy is ok. He got in an accident on the way home. Both him and the other guy were fine. The car not so much.. but it was driveable. Can anyone recommend a good body shop in town.





Day 16: I was thankful for friends like Heather who help me out when I'm in a jam and also Clorox wipes because kids are gross.





Day 17: I am thankful to The Survivors Club for helping Loopy with his PTSD (Jeff, Janna, Karry, Corey, Jim)









Day 18: I am thankful that in spite of it all, I have the ability to remain optimistic and am surrounded by people who love me for who I am.








Day 19: I am thankful for my awesome hubby because he doesn't complain when I stay out all night to get into shenanigans with Karry and THEN let me sleep all evening and put the kids to bed all by himself.

Day 20: I am thankful that someone in my neighborhood put a fire in the fireplace. I can smell it every time I go outside. So many memories tied into the smell of burning firewood. Sniiiiiiifffffff. aaaaaaahhhhhh...




Day 21: yesterday I was thankful for my kids being mellow and not asking me to get up every 2 minutes and my husband who was home at a reasonable time to enjoy a holiday weekend.









Day 22: Today I am thankful for a warm house that is about to be filled with friends and family. I cant wait to hang out with everyone, c'mon by if you are in the area. Happy Thanksgiving ya'll!!





day 23: Today I am thankful for Adriana! Cause sometimes you just gotta sit on the back porch, drink beers and bitch about stuff we can't fix but pretend to have answers to :)



Day 24: I am thankful that I got to spend the WHOLE day hanging out with just the hubster. I love that we can still just enjoy each other's company! We had lunch at Beach House Beanery right on the ocean, went hiking around on some trails, did some shopping, and had hibachi for dinner. Life is good.




Day 25: Today I am thankful that school starts again tomorrow, cause the next person to throw a tantrum is gonna get smacked.





Day 26: today I am thankful for pipe cleaners, puff balls, and googly eyes. the kids have been creating strange little guys all day :)







Day 27: Thankful that I have a blog where I can catalog our lives and I can always look back and smile at it all. I love to write and its been a great outlet for me. Its not for everyone but I really enjoy doing it.





Day 28: I was thankful for a quiet day and friends that took Logan out for some much needed play time.

Day 29: Today I am thankful that I live in Fl. Its a beautiful sunny 68 degree day and I am about to make Kendal put pants on so we can go out and enjoy it.

Day 30: Today I am thankful for facebook. I have reconnected with so many people that I have known for 28 years and all the way up to the new friends and family I have now. It's gotten me in trouble more than once but it has been worth it! I love having a way to stay connected. (but mostly entertained) Yay technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment